NEXT ARTICLE » »How to Modify Final Divorce Decrees
Austin Mediation Lawyers
|Date Added: January 12, 2011 05:33:31 AM|
|Category: Society and Culture: Law: Services: Lawyers and Law Firms: Family Law|
Divorce mediation is an alternative to traditional divorce litigation. In a divorce mediation session, an Austin mediation lawyer facilitates the discussion between the two parties by assisting with communication and providing information and advice to help resolve their differences. If the mediation process is successful, a written mediated settlement agreement will be prepared and signed, and that agreement will be binding and enforceable.
The best Austin mediation lawyer is one that is a certified mediator with an Advanced Certification in Family Law. There are several benefits of hiring a trained Austin mediation lawyer to resolve disputes before they go to court. Not only is it less expensive, but it has a positive impact on children and allows both parties to retain control of the case’s outcome. Mediation is Less Expensive Divorce mediation is significantly less expensive, both financially and emotionally, than litigation.
If the case goes to court, the parties surrender control to a judge, and the cost will be much higher.
- Mediation is less expensive because it allows two lawyers to work things out rather than fight things out.
- Mediation also costs less emotionally and can facilitate a good relationship with the other party, which positively affects any children who are involved.
- Mediation also builds a foundation for future cooperation between the two individuals.
- Mediation Has a Positive Impact on Children A well-trained, experienced Austin mediation lawyer helps parents work together during the transition to establish a loving parenting arrangement for the children, moving the parties away from a fight over their conflicting positions and instead focusing them on how they are going to interact in the future, in the best interest of their children.
- Mediation Helps You Retain Control Over the Outcome of Your Case When parties settle a case in mediation, they retain control over the outcome of the case.
In mediation, the parties are assisted by an Austin mediation lawyer to reach an agreement developed by the spouses themselves, not one imposed by a judge or jury. Spouses who mediate their own settlement are much more satisfied with their divorce and, therefore, are more likely to adhere to the mediation agreement.
Greg Gegenheimer is an experienced Austin mediation lawyer who is committed to helping men and women with legal counseling, strategic planning and professional representation. If you find yourself in a family crisis, he can help you better understand your situation and options, formulate a plan of action, and be a powerful advocate on your behalf.
He is a certified mediator with an Advanced Certification in Family Law and often is able to help resolve disputes before they go to court.
Visit Greg Gegenheimer today at http://www.greggegenheimer.net/ to schedule a 30-minute free consultation and find out what your options are.
Heather Preston. Austin mediation lawyer - Greg Gegenheimer is an attorney and mediator from Austin, Texas.